Your privacy is very important to us, so we make sure that you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
The purpose of this notice is to tell you what information we collect from you, how and when it may be collected and what happens to it. For the purposes of this notice, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to the Koninklijke Nederlandse Chemische Vereniging as an organization (also referred to as “KNCV”).
Sending information online is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent to us in this way. Transmission of data via the internet is at your own risk.
KNCV is a data controller and our contact address is:
The Royal Dutch Chemical Society, Loire 150, 2491 AK, The Hague
Our data protection officer is Mrs E. Rodi, she can be reached by e-mail (erodi@KNCV.nl) or in writing at the above address. If you have a specific question about this statement or how we use your personal data, please contact us at the above contact address. Please mark your communication as “Data Protection Request”.
This notice applies only to:
- Personal information processed by or on behalf of us.
- Individual contacts / participants from your company or information about you as a sole proprietorship or partnership
- Third party websites and services to which we link through our websites have their own privacy policies, independent of the Royal Dutch Chemical Society and its sites. We are not responsible or liable for those independent policies and encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party websites that you visit.
This privacy statement explains in general terms how we seek to comply with data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation .
The information we collect about you
Amongst other things, we collect information to provide you with a better experience when using our websites and applications (see the section “How do we use your information?”).
In order for you to access our services or data on our websites and applications, we may ask you to provide certain personal information. This information may include:
- Your name, (postal) address, telephone number, email address, subscriber name or screen name, password used to access our services, country of residence and/or payment method
- personal and contact details you give us when you register to receive marketing information from us (e.g. name, role and e-mail address)
- date of birth
- information relating to your location and relationships
- information we collect through cookies or similar technology stored on your device about how you use our websites
- your IP address, and home server and domain names
- information from our web servers about online activities
- information from social media activities (such as likes, shares and tweets) when you interact with us on social media
- information you provide when reporting a problem with our website or service
- your financial information, such as account name and account number
How we collect your information
This depends on why we are collecting your personal information. Our collection processes are:
- online through our various application platforms and databases that we use, which are either wholly owned or licensed by us
- by post
- face to face
- from publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn, institutional websites
- collected as a business contact
With whom we may share your personal data and why
- Employees of the Royal Dutch Chemical Society in each of our service departments to provide you with appropriate services.
- Our internal and external judges: information provided in relation to an application for awards, scholarships, funding (through our various funds) internship, travel and outreach grants will be used by our internal and external judges to assess whether you should receive such an award. Financial data will be collected to make payments under such grants and to winners of the competition.
- Membership management systems to enable us to administer membership services and provide them to you effectively, including managing the status of your membership.
- Postal and delivery companies to send you written notices and paper copies of newsletters, magazines, etc., where applicable.
- Document storage management systems to store copies of contracts and relevant documentation.
- Venues: where we hold an event, conference or symposium and the venue needs personal data from visitors to make bookings, for example for hotel rooms.
- We will never disclose your personal data to anyone outside the KNCV for use for their own marketing purposes unless you have given us your prior consent.
- We will ensure that our contact with you is relevant and in line with the preferred information you give us and to enable us to provide you with the service you require.
- You can change your contact preferences at any time. All you have to do is update your preferences.
- Your personal data is stored securely.
- No statistical information that identifies you personally will be published.
- Personal data will not be kept longer than necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, and it will be deleted if you ask us to do so.
- We will collect and process your personal data in accordance with this statement.
If you make an enquiry via our website, by phone or email, or via a third party, we will collect the information you provide to us, together with any information provided by that third party.
How we will use your information
We will process your personal data:
- To the extent necessary to perform our contract with you for the relevant service: to take steps at your request before entering into it, to decide whether you wish to enter into it, to administer and enforce that contract and to update our records.
- To the extent necessary for our own legitimate interests: for example, to track emails, record calls and other communications to train staff and activities related to your membership (including managing the status of your membership or dealing with any complaint you make.
- To the extent necessary to comply with a legal obligation: for example, when you exercise your rights under data protection laws and make requests in order to establish and defend legal rights or obligations, for example, when dealing with a complaint you may make.
- On the basis of your consent: for example, to send you marketing communications if we have requested your consent to do so.
We want to share information and news about our products and services with you. We may do this in a variety of ways, including email, post, telephone or social media (or other method(s) that may become relevant), but only if you want us to.
In accordance with applicable law and the legal basis for processing, we may use your personal data to provide you with direct marketing information about our products and services and those of third parties and to participate in our marketing research.
We will ensure that any direct marketing from us sent by electronic means provides you with an easy way to stop further communications, in accordance with applicable law. After you have given us your express consent to contact you on our behalf or on behalf of other organisations, a number of methods are available to you to change your preferences, correct or update your personal data at any time by :
Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any promotional emails you receive from us
In addition, if we require your consent for direct marketing communications under applicable law, and if you give your consent, you may change your mind at any time.
We use third parties to carry out some of our email campaigns using their contact lists, such as for scientific research, scientific publications and scientific education, and for reasons such as promoting our journal products, etc., such third parties will provide a stop list of those who have specifically opted out of receiving such emails, provided that such list is removed after the campaign is completed.
In the event that any marketing material we send you is returned, we will delete your incorrect details from our systems where possible.
If you complete a contact form on one of our websites, your enquiry and information will be forwarded to our relevant internal team for reply and response.
- You can request access to or copies of the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address indicated above;
- If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, or if you have any concerns about how we use your information, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
- You may request that your personal data be deleted if they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are processed and provided that there is no other legal basis for us to continue processing such information;
- You may withdraw any consent given for the processing (this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before the withdrawal); or
- Where we process your personal data automatically, for the purposes of performing our contract with you, or on the basis of your consent, you may have the right to request that the personal information we hold about you is transferred to a third party data controller.
If you believe that we are not complying with our obligations under data protection laws, you may complain to the supervisory authority,
We have established criteria on how we determine the period for which we use your personal data, as well as a process for deleting your personal data at the end of the relevant retention period. For more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the address above. In certain circumstances, we may be required to retain your personal data for longer periods where such retention is required by law or record keeping requirements, including managing our relationship with you, defending claims or for tax purposes.
Changes to this statement
This statement is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations. We may change this statement from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We will update the date at the top of the notice accordingly. We encourage you to check this Statement online periodically for changes.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator